Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Monday, Monday

Ahhh my Monday in Ithaca was so nice. We woke up early and walked over to the GreenStar Co-Op (which was very impressive) and got our morning juices. I ordered a combination of apple, orange, carrot, beet, and kale. It was so amazing, I've decided to ask for a juicer for my birthday. Yes, I know, dorky. But seriously. It will be so useful every morning, especially when I go off to college and have my own apartment.

We toured Cornell and sat in on an info session for the College of Human Ecology. It was a great experience to be able to talk face-to-face with an admissions director and allow him to see my passion for nutrition. Cornell has an amazing nutrition program, and it's everything I could ever hope for. There are so many amazing courses and opportunities through Cornell that would help me to extend my passion and help other people.

After the 1:00 info session, we were starving. We headed over to the Mann Library and got lunch at the Manndible Cafe, the only vegan cafe on campus. We all ordered a veg burrito in a cup (no whole wheat tortillas) with a scoop of guacamole. It filled me up right away. Our burritos were filled with brown rice, cooked veggies, beans, and salsa. The guac added the perfect compliment. As we were finishing, Dad surprised us with a date bar he bought from their huge selection of vegan desserts, snacks, and baked goods. It was scrumptious, and I'll be making my own version soon! Hang tight for a recipe.

Since we were so full from the late lunch, we didn't plan any dinner when we got home. I went to a friend's house later and we ended up pigging out on cherries, apples, pita chips with hummus, and oreos with peanut butter, my only vice. Do NOT get this chick around oreos and peanut butter, because it will be gone. I felt awfully guilty about eating so much, but it was so good. One guilty pleasure won't kill ya. Just no desserts for a week! That's my plan.

So, that was my Monday. Next up is my Tuesday and Wednesday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment