Thursday, July 15, 2010

The First Step Towards Gemini Foods

We may not be big at the moment, but let it be known that we are two bitches on a mission. A self-proclaimed health expert and a food junkie, I've led myself to veganism. I've always been someone who likes to talk for a hot long time about whatever's on my mind, so of course when friends and family asked me about my new lifestyle, I gave them every drop of information I could get out of my mouth. However, I am not the type to be preachy and make people feel guilty for eating a carcass or something that might give them some precious disease, so I have always explained myself in a way that was full of excitement and passion about my own personal journey to veganism and how it has helped me to grow as a person, become the healthiest I've ever been, and have so much energy I sometimes don't know what to do with myself. I've become more vibrant, and I feel a hell of a lot better. As soon as I became a vegan, I learned that I have a deep passion for cooking. I got my hands on every recipe book I could find, as well as every book on veganism and health that piqued my interest. I began cooking every day for my family. They became amazed by the dishes I prepared, and soon enough, my younger sister followed in my footsteps. She, too, became a vegan after we spent hours talking about it. And now, it has forged a bond between us that is so strong, it put our days of fighting endlessly and near hatred to an end. Together, we love food. We love our health, we love our bodies, we love the Earth, and we love animals. So here's to all of you vegans out there, finding your niche and staying afloat amongst the friends and family who give you weird looks at the dinner table. Eat your quinoa with pride. Stick your tofu to 'em. Vegans are the healthiest, most conscious people in the world. Strut your plant-based ass down the sidewalk and know that you are saving yourself, your planet, and more animals than we can count. 'Cause vegans are hot shit. Own it.

No comments:

Post a Comment